Doodle Week: Body

And now, Doodle Week once again draws to a close.  Perhaps we will be able to convince Claire and Laura to repeat the festivities again later in the year.  Doodle Holidays would be fun, wouldn’t it?

I can’t remember the last time I doodled by tracing my hands.  I’m pretty sure it was some time in grade school…  a good 40 years ago.  Coloring this one in was almost too much fun.

And it got the “What are you doing?!” comment from Mr. Aerten, too!  Go me!

Hands

Hands (c) Kelly Naylor 2008

14 Responses to “Doodle Week: Body”

1. Eeeeeeeeeeee! Fingers! Nice spin on the tracing hand idea. And I don’t see anything that even remotely resembles a turkey!

JD at I Do Things’s last blog post… I Wordle so you don’t have to

2. shearyadi says:

Wow, I thought the doodle pet is the end of coodle week 🙂 I better create mine sooner 🙂 BTW, nice coloring doodle!

3. Heather says:

Nice fingers…it looks as though you had a great deal of fun doing these doodles…I certainly enjoyed seeing them!
    Cheers

PS…I really like all the abstracts to the right…in your etsy store…my favorites…

4. Mike says:

I have small children, so I get to see hand artwork all the time. They never manage to achieve this level of visual interest, somehow. You must be an artist or something, huh?

lol, sorry. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

Mike’s last blog post… Interview – Boiled In Lead – 7.18.08

5. Beamer says:

Pretty amazing. You know you keep this up, you ought to start your own blog with this kind of stuff on it.

Beamer

Beamer’s last blog post… Broken

6. Claire says:

I haven’t done hand art work for an age!

Mr Aerten sounds like a funny bloke 🙂

Think more spooktacular for the next one.

Claire’s last blog post… A brief interlude

7. Mark says:

Before I read the description I just looked at the image and didn’t see fingers at all; I saw replicating bacteria.

Mark’s last blog post… Doodle Week II – Doodle Body

8. YummY! says:

Hand doodles never go out of style. I still make hand print turkeys every thanksgiving. -grin-

YummY!’s last blog post… Doodle Body

9. Kelly says:

@JD… do kids STILL do that?? Good grief. I thought it was lame 40 years go.

@Heather… go buy them! LOL

@Mike… Oh, yes, I think I let it slip that I’m an artist. But don’t tell anyone. hee hee Encourage your kids to think outside the box and color outside the lines.

@Beamer… you crack me up, dude!

@Claire… Mr. Aerten is hysterical. He’s lucky that he makes me laugh, though, cuz if he leaves one more cabinet door open I might have to smack him upside his head with some large bit of artistic flotsam I have here. 😉

@Mark… Ooooooh! I totally love your interpretation. I’ll have to remember that.

@YummY… gads, you too? What’s up with the thanksgiving turkeys people?

10. Monique says:

Ok, yeah… you need to add this one to the etsy store too 🙂 I feel myself going on a shopping spree soon.

Monique’s last blog post… Thank You For Being Stupid

11. Babette says:

I love your artwork. 🙂

12. fragileheart says:

Ooh cool!! It’s like playing twister!! (You should’ve told Mr. Aerten that’s what you were trying to inspire him to do).

Ok OT again… so you don’t hate me right???

13. I just love this piece and it looks and sounds like it was tons of fun!!

14. Kelly says:

@Monique… fine, fine, FINE! FINE! I’ll put some of them up at Etsy. Are you happy now??? LOL

@fragileheart… of course I don’t hate you! Don’t be silly. You make me laugh. That is a good thing.

@SomethingJust… complete and total fun! Maybe I’ll get weird next time and tract my feet.

This site is protected by WP-CopyRightPro